Monday, May 28, 2012

After a lovely (and rare) sunny day at Rosemarkie beach yesterday we decided to go out for fish and chips.
Rosemarkie Beach
We went to The Auctioneers in Inverness on Church Street. I've been there quite a few times and the standard is fairly consistent.

The Auctioneers (image from www.pubsgalore.co.uk)

The haddock was delicious with a nice crispy batter and the chips were good too. It comes with peas or mushy peas, a wee pot of tartar sauce and a slice of lemon.

If I remember correctly it is £7.99 which I think is a little bit pricey although it is a very large portion. I think £5.99 would be a better price as even though the chips & peas were good they weren't spectacular!

I would definitely recommend eating here though, the staff are all friendly and service was quick too.



No comments:

Post a Comment