Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So it has been a while AGAIN! Oh well, I'm going to get this blog up and running now!

Recently I have been on a quest to bake a healthy treat as I love cake but I don't love my cake belly!!!

I found this fab blueberry muffin recipe http://www.itv.com/food/recipes/blueberry-muffins

Which, believe it or not, was written by Olivia Newton-John! You go girl!

The ingredients you will need are:

  • Olive oil spray, for greasing
  • 155 g fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen)
  • 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
  • 300 g wholemeal (whole-wheat) self-raising flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 free-range egg, beaten
  • 125 g low-fat berry yoghurt (I used raspeberry)
  • 250 ml low-fat milk

Now get cooking!

1 Preheat the oven to 210oC (415oF/Gas 6–7). Lightly grease a 12-hole standard 125 ml (4 fl oz/1⁄2 cup) muffin tin with olive oil spray or line with paper cases.
2 Put the blueberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the juices just start to run and the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3 Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
4 In a separate bowl, combine the egg, yoghurt and milk. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the cooled blueberry mixture until combined.
5 Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin holes and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
This is how mine turned out

They were very tasty but a little bit bready, I think that's because of the wholewheat flour.

This recipe is definately worth a try but I think I'm going to keep searching and experimenting. I might use grated carrot next time instead of the blueberries and see how it works out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment